Friday, November 25, 2005

LSU 19 Arkansas 17


I played golf with a couple buddies of mine on Monday. During the round, a single golfer "hooked up" with us on the back nine. I noticed that they guy was decked out in University of Georgia garb. We started talking SEC football and then he proceeded to tell me that if LSU made it to Atlanta to play Georgia in the SEC championship game the Bulldogs would beat LSU by at least 6. He was sort of one of these young cocky frat boy types that was really full of himself. That in itself was enough to tick me off. I looked at him and said "just wait a minute sonny I believe you are getting a little ahead of yourself". After all LSU is ranked 3 and Georgia 13 in the polls.

Well the way the Tigers played today it looked like they were getting a little ahead of themselves. Simple put they did not take Arkansas seriously enough. Les and the boys nearly "pulled defeat out of the jaws of victory". In my opinion it was a poor Tiger effort. They can not play the way they did today and beat Georgia in the SEC championship. What will be worst is the cocky little prick I played golf with will be right.

Thank goodness there was not over time today because LSU would have been upset by a very young but promising Arkansas team. I guess somedays it is better to be "lucky than good".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home